It’s almost the New Year and, like many bloggers, I find myself taking time to look back on 2011 before looking ahead to 2012. To help you prepare for the year ahead, let me offer a quick list of books, blogs and articles that came across my desk this past year that are worth review:
- I’d humbly offer one of my own blog posts to start the list. Life is but a dream offered inspiration from a children’s song.
- Walter Isaacson’s book about Apple co-founder, chairman and CEO Steve Jobs.
- Inc.’s It’s Cheaper to Keep ‘Em article by Karl Stark and Bill Stewart on customer retention.
- Fast Company’s 30 Second MBA offers some really great advice “from the trenches”. Take a look at Great Inspirations.
- Even if you don’t work for a bank or credit union, any marketer can learn from the insights offered by Jeffry Pilcher’s The Financial Brand.
- Chris Brogan’s Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation and Earn Trust.
- Inc.’s Top 5 Most Common Networking Mistakes article by Jeff Haden.
- Onward - How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul by Howard Schultz.
- Ron Shevlin’s Snarketing 2.0 – A Humorous Look at the World of Marketing in the Age of Social Media.
- Inc.’s 10 Zen Ways to Nail Your Next Presentation article by Eric Schurenberg.
- And last, but not least, a few days before Christmas I was gifted a copy of RelationShift – Revolutionary Fundraising by Michael Bassoff and Steve Chandler. The concepts offered have application far beyond fundraising.
I wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!